Wednesday 18 January 2017

IAN THORPE ON COMING OUT - AND CHECK OUT HIS SEXY BOYFRIEND RYAN CHANNING

When I was about 16 I was accused of being gay and because it was in that tone, I always thought of it as a negative, of not being equal.It was frightening. I knew I should have come out earlier but I never thought that I could, I didn’t have the confidence to do it. When I did come out it was to close friends and then my family which was the most difficult for me.

I struggled to come out but I don’t struggle with being out. I come from a conservative family and my heart was racing. I had prepared for it and then I blurted it out and they quite simply told me that they would love me and always support me. It was overwhelming and I was so pleased I would be accepted by my own family.The way the country responded to me coming out was better than I could have hoped for.I was proud how the majority of people in Australia said ‘that’s great, no big deal’ and the nonchalant response is how it should be.”










No comments: